Need an afternoon boost before the kids get home? Here’s a little help to keep you from snacking on junk foods during this time of day. Fill up with complex carbs and good fats paired with fiber to feel great and stabilize blood sugar.
by katherine gristina
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/2 cup organic fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (i use almond milk)
- 2 scoops organic chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 1/2-1 tablespoon local honey
- optional: 1/4 cup organic berries (blackberries, strawberries), 1/2 or whole banana, 2 tablespoons nut butter
- Pour almond milk (or other milk) into blender.
- Add scoops of protein powder.
- Add berries, bananas, nut butter, and flaxseed.
- Pour in honey.
- Place spinach on top.
- Blend and drink immediately.